Do you want to know which one? Hogwarts Legacy Characters Will he attend school with you, teach you the ways of the wizarding world, or lead you into trouble in Diagon Alley? We’ve compiled a list of all the characters we know will be appearing in Hogwarts Legacy, and perhaps some familiar faces as well.
We’ve all fallen in love with the characters from Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts, from creatures like Niffler to heroes like Cedric Diggory and even the villainous Lucius Malfoy, but do any of them make an appearance in the new open-world game? Is Harry Potter in Hogwarts Legacy, for example? Or Hagrid?
List of Hogwarts Legacy characters
While Warner Bros has confirmed that JK Rowling is not involved in the story or the game, there must be a degree of faith in the original lore. However, since the RPG is set in the 1800s, only a few familiar faces will appear, so here’s a list of all the Hogwarts Legacy characters, old and new, that have been confirmed so far.
- amit thakkar – a Ravenclaw student who aspires to be a famous magical historian. He’s quick to help a friend in need, but he’d rather read or write about dangerous undertakings than experience them himself.
- Constance Dagworth – a student, the player will duel alongside Hector Weasley.
- Hector Weasley – a student with whom the player will duel and a possible ancestor of the Weasley family from the books.
- Lucan Brattleby – a young Gryffindor student who runs the Cross Wands dueling club.
- Natsai Onai – a Gryffindor student who is wise, resourceful, and possesses a need to seek justice. Originally from Matabeleland, Africa, she transferred to Hogwarts after her mother became the school’s Divination teacher.
- Nellie Oggspire – Gryffindor student who tells you about the Daedalian Keys.
- nerida roberts – a student, the player will duel alongside Hector Weasley.
- poppy sweetening – a Hufflepuff student with extensive knowledge and deep love for creatures. She has a particular aversion to poachers and those who work with them.
- sebastian sallow – plays a huge role in Hogwarts Legacy from what we’ve seen so far, as he’s a mischievous Slytherin student, and you can choose to follow him down the Dark Arts path or not. He has a twin sister, Anne, who is suffering from a debilitating curse and is searching for a cure.
- zenobia noke – a young Ravenclaw student who triggers a Gobstone quest.
- Professor Abraham Ronen – As one of the main teachers, Ronen teaches Charms. It is said that he is jovial and cheerful. He especially likes games and uses them regularly as part of his unorthodox teaching style.
- Professor Aesop Sharp Sharp, a potions master, is a very cunning teacher who had a long career as an auror until injury forced him to retire from the field. Instead of taking a desk job at the Ministry of Magic, he now shares his experience in preparing elixirs and drinks. He is not easy to impress, but he will take genuine pride in those who excel in his class.
- Professor Cuthbert Binns – a ghost who teaches the History of Magic.
- Professor Dinah Hecat – A stern but likeable teacher, Hecat teaches Defense Against the Dark Arts. Rumor has it that he spent time in the Ministry of Magic’s Department of Mysteries, his hands-on teaching method leads some to believe that he satisfies his desire for action, but otherwise he’s happy to be at Hogwarts. .
- Professor Eleazar Fig – working to uncover Ranrok, Rookwood and their evil secrets.
- Professor Mirabel Garlick – As a Professor of Herbology, Garlick grew up with Muggles and did not feel at home before joining Hogwarts as a student. Her cheerful demeanor charms students and colleagues, and though many worry that she will one day leave for another school, she insists that she will never leave them.
Residents of Hogwarts and Hogsmede
- cassandra mason – a witch who runs Hogsmeade’s haunted shop. She only appears as part of a PlayStation exclusive mission.
- Deck – A house-elf who works at the school and introduces you to the Room of Requirement.
- nuisance – has yet to be fully revealed, and appears alongside Penny in Hogsmeade, though the leading theory so far is that Nuisance is either a ghost or a poltergeist.
- the fat lady – We all know and love The Fat Lady from the Gryffindor common room door, so of course she was also protecting her students in the 19th century.
- Nearly Headless Nick – a familiar face we’re happy to see, Nearly Headless Nick was already a nearly headless ghost in the 19th century, wandering the Hogwarts grounds.
- hobbies – Alongside the familiar ghost Nearly Headless Nick, brash poltergeist Peeves makes an appearance in Hogwarts Legacy, though just how much trouble he’ll cause remains to be seen.
- Penny – We’re still not entirely sure who Penny is, aside from an off-screen voice in the PlayStation exclusive mission in Hogsmeade.
Goblins and their allies
- Ranrok – a goblin and one of the main antagonists of Hogwarts Legacy.
- Victor Rookwood – an ally of Ranrok the goblin and leader of a faction of Dark Wizards.
So that’s your list of all the characters confirmed to appear in Hogwarts Legacy so far. We’ll be sure to add more as they appear in future gameplay clips and trailers, but there are already plenty of interesting characters to look forward to meeting and new friends to make, no matter which of Hogwarts Legacy’s common rooms you call home. . Plus, you’re in a school full of witches and wizards, so there are probably plenty more NPCs to come, and that’s even before you explore the wider Hogwarts Legacy map, venturing to Hogsmeade and beyond. While you wait for the Hogwarts Legacy release date, why not play some of the best PC games available right now?
Harry Potter series creator JK Rowling has made a number of transphobic comments on social media in recent years. While WB Games says that “JK Rowling is not directly involved in the creation of the game,” it is based on her work and it is not yet clear if she will receive royalties from its sales. If you’d like to find out more about transgender equality or lend your support, here are two major charities we recommend you check out: the National Center for Transgender Equality in the US and Mermaids in the UK.