Warhammer 40K: Darktide update 1.08 is the latest from developer Fatshark in his series of patches for the early access beta for his future-fantasy industrial cooperative game. He says the pre-order beta continues to allow the team to “test, find new issues and fix them.” While the release of Darktide patch 1.07 put the game on “a good trajectory,” Fatshark says it’s made even more progress with this latest release, though he notes that “there are still a few pesky issues that we’ll continue to work on.” .”
The core of the Darktide 1.08 patch is the new progression and economy features, including the release of the first part of the game creation system. The Armory Exchange will now offer a small selection of cosmetic items for characters and weapons, with more access unlocked as your player level increases. The new end of round cards will highlight the weapons and feats that are available to players to improve progression clarity.
Mourningstar’s Tech Priest, Hadron Omega-7-7, will now spawn in the Shrine of the Omnissiah in the middle of the game once you have a trust level of four or higher. Additionally, the patch introduces the Consecration ability, which allows you to upgrade the level of a weapon or curiosity, granting it a random buff or boon based on the level it’s upgraded to. This uses crafting materials, which will now be found during quests in Tertium.
The Fatshark team also says that they are working hard to improve the balance of the game. The focus in update 1.08 is “trying to balance effortlessly dodging comets while maintaining the agility of lighter weapons that live and die dodging.” Additionally, Fatshark adds that it is “monitoring the current dodge and toughness settings and will continue to tweak them ahead of release.”
Warhammer 40K: Darktide Update 1.08 Patch Notes – November 24
New Feature: Crafting
- The user interface to interact with the workshop is available.
- The consecration feature is available to players.
- Players can obtain crafting materials from quests through pickups.
- Hadron’s Workshop as an interaction point is also available.
- Updated Armory Exchange: character skins and weapons in the shop.
Quality of life
- Added EOR (End of Round) cards to better display what you unlock.
- Sire Melk’s Requirement should provide better overall items by only having pristine/mastercrafted items.
- Made Zealot’s Penance tier 1 and 2 pants more distinctive.
- Added a better interface for some cases where invalid names are entered during character creation, making it more clear that the chosen name or input is not accepted.
- Fixed unlocalized strings in settings menu.
- Fixing some localization on some cosmetic items.
- Improved Item Ranking by Rarity: You should now also consider item ranking (shouldn’t fail now either!).
Fixes and adjustments
- Fixed an instance where players were unable to use special weapons when ADS with Lucius Mk III Helbore Lasgun.
- Fixed issues with some audio in the Excise Vault Spireside-13 mission.
- I rejected the light emitted by the Zealot. The Zealot has calmed down and his excessively bright aura will no longer serve as a flashlight.
- Fixed convict outfit no longer clipping when having a specific face.
- Fixed an issue with some gloves not looking good when running.
- Fixed an issue where several of the enemy stagger animations were clipping off a lot.
- A special weapon can now be used when ADS on Headhunter Autoguns and Braced Autoguns.
- Fixed some flickering in some prologue cutscenes.
- Camera would jump through geometry when switching players in spectator mode. Now, it will jump between players to eliminate those unsightly geometric collisions.
- Strangely, ammo increased indefinitely when reloading during the prologue, which could lead to a crash. This is fixed and you can top up as much as you need.
- Fixed some issues with buffering of melee attacks when playing as Ogryn. No attacks were triggered when players held the “too early” button in a chain. Now we’ve tweaked this a bit to make the general feel better.
- Better variety of grunts when pushing multiple enemies. We know you love a good growl.
- Some voiceovers were unintentionally canceled by players placing world markers or using the comms wheel; we fix it for you.
- Players can no longer stand on top of the elevator in Chasm Logistratum and make the quest impossible to complete.
- Re-entering an airlock after using it no longer triggers the ‘group up’ VO, as this is no longer the target.
- Fixed an issue where stacking crit bonuses would break the crit calculation, rendering the weapon unable to crit. Say “critical” one more time…
- Fixed Force Staff sometimes having a +x% reload speed property, despite not being reloadable. It’s a staff, after all, you don’t need to recharge it.
- Backfire’s Veteran feat should now work consistently.
- Fixed an issue with the Accatran Mk VIIa Lasgun where shots would disappear after traveling around 45 meters / 147.6 feet / 49 yards / 0.0045 Swedish miles.
- Made some minor adjustments to minion melee movement.
- Changed the range change of ranged minions from melee to ranged nullify when players are tricking them so they don’t get too close to players.
- Fixed some broken stagger animations for various minions and some sound tweaks.
- Fixed the animation on the fuel hose NPC character freezing at the start of the level 18 Path of Trust cutscene.
- Cinematic correction to the prologue so that Zolas’ wound doesn’t look like a wound, but something… more.
- Made some voiceover adjustments so that we always play a line when deploying a health pack or ammo box.
- Fixed issue that caused two, or sometimes less, items to appear in the Credit Shop when upgrading.
- Improved the stability of the completion of rewards at the end of the round.
- Set up separate weapon specific dodge curves for light melee weapons, fine tune separate fan base line:
- Set a separate dodge curve for the Zealot class, increase baseline dodge distance to 2.75m in 0.4s (was 2.5m in 0.4s).
- Increase the dodge slide friction speed threshold to 5.5m/s (from 4.5) – We didn’t miss the dodge slide as much.
- Set weapon-specific curves for agile dodge profiles to allow for custom behavior:
- For Atrox tactical axes and Maccabian dueling swords: 2.75m custom curve in 0.35s with adjusted end of curve for chaining.
- For Catachan Mk III Combat Blade: 2.9m custom curve in 0.35s with adjusted end of curve for chaining.
If you’re diving into early access or the game’s launch, be sure to check out our guide to all the Darktide classes you can play as, as well as the best Darktide weapons to get you started. We’ve also got everything you need to know about the current state of Darktide crossplay and whether we’re likely to see it implemented in future updates.