The “Gambling – Global Market Trajectory and Analysis” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offering.
The global gaming market will reach $876 billion by 2026
The global gaming market, estimated at USD 747.9 billion in 2022, is projected to reach a revised size of USD 876 billion by 2026, growing 3.6% CAGR over the period. analysis.
The popularity of gambling in the country can be put into perspective by the fact that more than 80% of American adults gamble at least once in their lifetime. With a large number of people spending more time on mobile devices, remote gaming developers and platforms are using the option to expand their customer base. Smart devices available on the market allow users to access a wide range of mobile gambling on the go.
Lottery, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is forecast to register a CAGR of 2.8% and reach USD 372.6 billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Gambling segment is reset to a revised CAGR of 4.4% for the next 7-year period.
The US market is estimated at $267.5 billion in 2022, while Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach $322.4 billion by 2026
Since tourists and locals are key revenue contributors for brick-and-mortar casinos, revenues plummeted significantly. Unemployment and declining consumer discretionary income also remain key challenges to a speedy recovery. Also, since a significant amount of money spent on gambling is attributed to slot machines in places like hotels and airports, the closure of airports and hotels is affecting revenue generation from these areas.
The lockdowns have resulted in significant revenue losses compared to the previous year. For example, in New Orleans, the gaming market has already seen a more than 60% decline in revenue during the pandemic compared to previous years, due to closures. The casino industry is also affected by the fact that the tourism and leisure sectors along with air travel, which are vital to the growth of the industry, have been hit hard by the pandemic.
The US gaming market is estimated at US$267.5 billion in the year 2022. Asia-Pacific (including China) is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$322.4 billion million by the year 2026 with a CAGR of 4.4% during the analysis period. Other notable geographic markets include Canada and Europe, each forecasting growth of 3.1% and 3.5%, respectively, over the review period.
The post-COVID-19 period will offer exciting opportunities for mobile betting. Since mobile devices support advanced features and are easy to operate, mobile gaming is an attractive option for gamers. Since most casino game providers offer a large number of options, it is easier for players to enjoy these platforms anytime, anywhere without waiting to access their personal computers.
Advances in the field of mobile technology, coupled with better accessibility and connectivity, have enabled a large number of players to engage in remote gaming. With a rapid transition from console to mobile, mobile gaming is poised to emerge as a fast-growing platform.
Casino segment to reach $153.1 billion by 2026
In the global casino segment, the US, Canada, Europe and Asia-Pacific will drive the CAGR of 3.7% estimated for this segment. These regional markets representing a combined market size of US$116.3 billion will reach a projected size of US$149.9 billion by the end of the analysis period.
Asia-Pacific (including China) will remain among the fastest growing in this group of regional markets and is forecast to reach US$34.5 billion by 2026.
What’s new for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and percentage market shares of key competitors
- Market presence in multiple geographies: Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Peer-to-Peer Online Interactive Tailored Updates
- Access to digital files
- Free updates for one year
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. OVERVIEW OF THE MARKET
- Influencer market insights
- Competitive Market Presence: Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
- Gambling: an accepted and fundamental part of human culture
- % Share of Top Gaming Destinations by Visitor Influx
- How are the gaming and betting industries affected by the pandemic and what is the new normal?
- The gaming industry finds opportunities in the crisis
- Gaming is a segment of the gaming industry that is experiencing the negative impact of the COVID-19 crisis. this is why
- The close relationship between casinos and tourism sharpens the blow of COVID-19 in the gaming industry
- The impact of COVID-19 on the tourism industry affects the income of casinos
- Games of chance: definition, scope and types
- Recent Market Activity
- world brands
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 223 Featured)
- 888 PLC holdings
- Bet365 Group Ltd.
- flutter entertainment plc
- Betsoft Games, LTD
- Betson AB
- Boyd Games Corporation
- Digital Entertainment Bwin.Party
- Caesars Entertainment Corp.
- Cherry Spelgladje AB
- Chetu Inc.
- City of Dreams Manila
- Creatiosoft Solutions Private Limited
- Corona Resorts Ltd.
- del park
- Solution Elaunch SA Limited
- evolution games
- galaxy entertainment group
- Golden Entertainment Inc.
- PLC affine group
- ladbrokes coral
- Las Vegas Sands Corporation.
- MGM Resorts International
- NetEnt AB
- playson limited
- Scientific Games Corporation
- SJM Holdings Limited
- william hill plc
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- Mobile gaming takes center stage
- COVID-19 accelerates the evolution of online casinos
- % Share of Gross Gaming Returns (GGY) by Gaming Type
- Gambling apps contribute to the growing popularity of online casinos
- Online casinos appeal to broader demographics
- Demographic structure of online casino players
- Cyber attacks emerging as a key concern for online casinos
- Using smartwatches to place bets and enhance the iGaming experience gains traction
- New table games broaden consumer base at casinos
- Blockchain Emerges To Turn The Tide Of Fortune For Gambling
- Big Data and IoT to transform the gaming industry
- Virtual Reality Based Betting, A Game Changer For The Sport Of Betting
- 5G to revolutionize the gaming industry
- 5G emerges with the promise of transforming the gaming experience: 5G’s contribution to global GDP (in trillions of US dollars) for the years 2020, 2025 and 2030
- Cryptocurrency-based gambling rises in popularity
- Stricter gambling regulations around the world encourage legal gambling
4. WORLD MARKET OUTLOOK
third ANALYSIS OF THE REGIONAL MARKET
For more information on this report, please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kai1qu