Astronaut It is, for my money, the best space sandbox game out there. While No Man’s Sky has certainly become something truly special over the years, the carefully designed economy, exploration, and base building offered by Astroneer provide the most satisfying emulation of discovering planets and turning their abundant resources into everything. type of devices and tools to explore. further. Whether you’re playing solo or co-op, it’s a delight, and now a massive update to Astroneer lets you completely change the way you play it.
“Hello everyone, we are excited to release the patch notes for this unique update, the Custom Games Update,” developer System Era Softworks says via Steam and its own website. “This update opens up Astroneer in a way that allows players to do all kinds of really fun things, from creating new saves with unique features like extreme permadeath, to setting up exact scenarios and fast racing.”
The Astroneer Custom Games update does pretty much exactly what it says on the tin, giving you an unprecedented level of control over exactly how you want to play. These range from simple settings like choosing your starting planet and turning limited respawns on or off, to multipliers on power and oxygen levels to make the game easier or more difficult, or even completely overhauling planet spawn throughout. the system.
If you like to challenge yourself, you can set up permadeath, with toggles per player; if you die, your save will be converted to creative mode, which means it will still be accessible but will no longer be valid for achievements. You can also completely disable research on certain types of items, such as vehicles, printers, shuttles, or power generators, as well as independently decide whether they will appear in the world for discovery.
If you want to make life easier instead, you can increase resources and power generation, or even eliminate oxygen requirements altogether, something SES says it thinks is worth it, even if it’s “likely to be somewhat controversial.” “While this might make the game ‘easy’, we think having this option is a good choice for players who want a relaxed story mode experience, or for players whose oxygen management prevents them from enjoying the game. ”.
If you’re a bit overwhelmed with choice, SES has created a number of pre-made configurations, and you can customize them further if you’d like. More accessibility tools are always a good thing in my book, and the sheer level of customization is just the ticket that could make me put my space suit back on and go for another round of Astroneer. It’s an all-time favorite, and having the option to perfectly fine-tune the settings to make my experience as fun as possible is a very welcome bonus.
You can read the full list of customization options below. If you’ve never tried Astroneer before, I can’t recommend it highly enough, and what better time to start than now? Astroneer is 60% off on Steam ($11.99 / £9.99) until Thursday, July 20, 2023. It’s also available for free as part of the PC Game Pass library, if you’re a member of Microsoft’s Xbox subscription service.
Astroneer Custom Games Update – Version 220.127.116.11 – July 13, 2023
Here are all the settings you can tweak in Astroneer Custom Games:
Preconfigured game modes
- The first screen will present you with some pre-made options so you can jump right into a custom setup. SES will pre-populate them and eventually pull community settings to share with everyone else.
- If you want to create your own, click “Create New Configuration” and put on your lab coat.
- By pressing “Publish Settings”, you can share your settings with friends on any platform.
- When you post your configuration, we link it to a numeric “Share Code” that you can give to other users. If they enter the code, all pages will auto-populate with their settings, which you can still adjust.
Custom game variables
- skip launch sequence
- no initial refuge
- Choose the starting planet
Starting Backpack Items
- Select from a number of T1 items to get started in your backpack. You can choose the specific slot where things will appear for players in your save.
- limit respawns
- Limit individual player respawns
- Default respawn limit
- Global Power Generation Multiplier
- Global Energy Consumption Multiplier
- Solar Power Generation Multiplier
- Wind Power Generation Multiplier
- Oxygen Consumption Multiplier
- free oxygen exchange
- Initiating research bytes
- Research Reward Multiplier
- Research Speed Multiplier
- Disable research projects
- disable vehicles
- Disable power generators
- Disable oxygen elements
- disable printers
- Disable base modules
- disable platforms
- disable shuttles
Solar System Configuration
- This is the most important one: you can now modify the generation of planets in the entire SOL system. These work via modifiers and can be adjusted by planet or by biome.
- You can even set specific seeds so other players can share their awesome starting points or seeds so players can experience the exact generation of the planet. Sprinters take note!
Configuration of the whole planet
- ambient wind rate
- Random Gust Wind Rate
Biome Modifiers (per biome)
- biome weight
- POI Frequency
- Decorator Frequency
- puzzle frequency
- resource frequency
- snail shell frequency
- Astropedia now has two new pages:
- The first addition allows players to see the game’s active custom settings in a list, so you know what things are active in the save you’re playing.
- The second is the sum of the credits. The list was getting a bit long for our final game scene, so we added it to Astropedia so you can read the names of all the amazing humans from the past and future who have worked on Astroneer.
New cosmetic item
- Unlock the “Old Gold” palette by completing the game on hard mode in any save game. You must use the following parameters to qualify:
- Respawn Limit: Active
- Default Respawn Count: 0
- Free Oxygen: Off
Blast off to explore more of the best space games on PC, with Starfield’s release date just around the corner, or keep your feet on solid ground and spend some quality time with your friends playing the best co-op games available in 2023.